Life happens and sometimes you need to make benefit changes outside of Open Enrollment.
If you experience a qualifying life event, you must notify the Associate Experience Center within 31 days of the event (60 days for medical changes due to Medicaid or CHIP changes). The changes you make must be consistent with the event.
Qualifying life events
- Change in employment status for you or a dependent impacting benefits coverage, such as part-time to full-time (Gain Coverage Flyer, Lose Coverage Flyer)
- Birth/adopting of child (Birth/Adoption Flyer)
- Marriage/begin domestic partnership (Marriage/Domestic Partnership Flyer)
- Divorce/legal separation/end domestic partnership (Divorce/Legal Separation/End Domestic Partnership Flyer)
- Death of associate or family member (Death of Associate/Dependent Flyer)
- You or a covered dependent becomes eligible (or lose eligibility) for Medicare or Medicaid (Associate/Dependent Gain/Lose Medicare-Medicaid-CHIP Coverage Flyer)
Some documentation may be required. Acceptable forms of documentation may be a marriage certificate, divorce decree, benefit confirmation statement with dates, employer letter with dates, etc.
If you are enrolling new dependents under your medical, dental or vision coverage, you must submit documentation verifying that they are eligible for coverage under Albertsons plans.
Download a Dependent Verification Requirements Flyer which lists the allowable documents you can submit to verify your dependent’s eligibility to be covered under Albertsons healthcare plans. If you cover a domestic partner, a declaration of common law marriage or an affidavit of domestic partnership is required.
Completed verification documents can be submitted with a cover page that includes your name, associate ID, last four digits of your SSN and daytime telephone number. You can:
Upload a cover page and verification documents using the online enrollment system at www.direct2HRhealth.com.
Mail the cover page and verification documents to:
Benefits Service Center
P.O. Box 534077
St. Petersburg, FL 33747-4077
Fax the cover page and verification documents to 877-282-1999.